- Helping early years services, schools and workplaces to become health promoting settings through the Victorian Government’s Achievement Program
- Promoting accessible healthy food through our Healthy Catering Handbook, Healthy Butchers Initiative and Healthy BBQ Kit
- Creating local networks and supporting school canteens, pool kiosks and long day care services to increase the numbers of healthy menu options
- Promoting oral health in early years services through implementing the Smiles 4 Miles program in partnership with the SCHS Dental Program
- Increasing physical activity levels in the community through our annual 10,000 Steps Challenge and working with schools to embed active transport as part of every day practice
- Working with local primary and secondary schools to support the implementation of school breakfast programs through the Mildura Region School Breakfast Partnership
Our skilled health promotion workforce, together with local partnerships, encourage healthy eating and physical activity; to reduce obesity, smoking and harmful alcohol use. We aim to create long-term change and improve the health of local people. We do this through working together to make healthy living the easy choice, wherever someone is within our community: at home, at work, at school, at the shops or in the park.
Health Promotion covers the entire Mildura Rural City Council municipality, including outlying areas such as Lake Cullulleraine, Ouyen and Murrayville.
For further information please visit our Facebook page.
10,000 Steps Challenge
Our 10,000 Steps Challenge is back!
For further information please visit our Official 10,000 Steps Webpage.