Child Health Services
What does it involve?
The Speech Pathologist, Occupational Therapist and Physiotherapist will provide:
- Screening Assessment
- Individual services and therapy
- Groups such as Active Lorikeets, School Readiness and Language Stimulation
- Home therapy programs
- Partnership with kindergartens, child care centres and other service providers
- Referral to other services including dietetics and podiatry
Why use this service?
We are here to help you and your child with:
- Understanding language
- Talking and putting sentences together
- Saying sounds
- Attention and concentration
- Social and play skills
- Drawing or coloring
- Co-ordination and large movement skills such as catching, balancing and kicking
- Daily living skills such as dressing, sleeping, toileting and using cutlery
- Sensory needs such as upset by noises, touch or movement
- Fussy eating
The SCHS YouTube channel has a range of videos on topics such as child nutrition, language and literacy and fussy eating.
Who can use this service?
- Community members aged 0 – 6 years old, who reside in the Mildura region
- Children may be referred by parents/carers or other service providers with consent of guardian
Allied Health Consultations
Chargeable services – fees capped at four per month including Group Sessions and Community Health Nursing.
Click here for Client Fee Schedule 2022/2023
Make an Appointment
Phone SCHS on 5022 5444 to make an appointment.
School Readiness Program
Sunraysia Community Health Services is the Allied Health provider for the School Readiness Program being rolled out by the Department of Education.
For more information on this program please contact Kathy Stidwill on
E: firstname.lastname@example.org or P: 5022 5444