Our Physical Health Team includes Physiotherapists, Exercise Physiologists and Allied Health Assistants working together to support clients to move well and stay well in the community. Physiotherapists are healthcare professionals who asses, diagnose, treat, and support clients to prevent disease and disability through physical means. Exercise Physiologists are healthcare professionals who specialise in clinical exercise intervention, education, and behavior change to promote functionality and quality of life. Allied Health Assistants work under the delegation and supervision of the physiotherapists and exercise physiologists to support the provision of individual and group exercise programs.
The Physical Health therapists are experts in movement and function, who work in partnership with you. They will assist you to overcome movement disorders and support you to get back to being involved with the things that are important to you.
How can a Physical Health therapist help you?
A Physiotherapist or Exercise Physiologists can help you by listening to your needs and working with you to plan the most appropriate treatment for you, including setting goals and developing a treatment plan. You will be actively involved in your care.
Physical Health services may include
- Exercise programs to improve muscle control, mobility and daily function
- Group exercise and education programs including Falls and Balance, Aquatic and Gym groups
- Joint and soft tissue mobilization to increase function by reducing pain and stiffness
- Supporting you to improve respiratory function with breathing and fitness exercises
- Assistance to access and use walking and mobility aids
- Supporting children to develop and maintain their motor skills.