Aboriginal Health Promotion & Chronic Care
Aboriginal Health Promotion and Chronic Care (AHPACC)
The aim of the AHPACC Program is to:
- Improve and support the health outcomes of First Nations People.
- Provide Cultural support for First Nations people when accessing Sunraysia Community Health Services (Internal or External)
- The Cultural Hub offers a safe place within SCHS for First Nations people and is the home of several community projects.
How we can help you
The AHPACC Worker can support with;
- Cultural Support when attending Medical Appointments
- Support with Transport to Medical Appointments
- Support with follow-up Appointments
- Advocacy Support with Information and education
- General Support when attending SCHS, MDAS or the MBPH
- Support with referrals to Victoria Legal Aid (VLA)
An Initiative of the State Government of Victoria in association with VACCHO Aboriginal Health
First Nations Artwork Competition
First Nations Advance Care Plan Booklet
To view the booklet please click here.
Our Partnerships & Service
Sunraysia Community Health Services (SCHS) are working together through the Aboriginal Health Promotion and Chronic Care Program (AHPACC) to meet the needs of First Nations People who have been diagnosed with a chronic illness, in partnership with Mallee District Aboriginal Services (MDAS) and the Mildura Base Public Hospital (MBPH).
Who we work with
SCHS work with First Nation People living in the Loddon Mallee Region, who have been diagnosed with a chronic illness.
Make an Appointment
Call SCHS on 5022 5444 and ask to speak with the AHPACC Worker, Megan Kelly.
SCHS Intake Referral – Download here (Word document).
Sunraysia Community Health Service acknowledges the First Peoples of the Millewa – Mallee, The Latji Latji, Ngintait and Nyeri Nyeri, as the Traditional Owners and Custodians of the Country on which we are. We pay our respects to the Elders past and present of First Nations People of the Millewa – Mallee and the ancient connection they hold with their Country.
Sunraysia Community Health Service – RECONCILIATION AUSTRALIA
- SCHS REFLECT 2020 – 2021 RECONCILIATION ACTION PLAN – View here.