CLINICIAL CARE COORDINATION (PMHCCC)
The Primary Mental Health Clinical Care Coordinator (PMHCCC) provides clinical care coordination for clients with a diagnosed severe mental illness, aiming to reduce the likelihood of hospital admissions and improve their physical health through assessment, management, and onward referral in collaboration with other members of the healthcare team.
PSYCHOLOGICAL THERAPY SERVICES (PTS)
The Psychological Therapy Service (PTS) provides generalist mental health support for clients experiencing diagnosable mild to moderate mental illness who would benefit from access to evidence-based psychological interventions. Individuals with more severe mental ill health and who are assessed as having potential to benefit from short term focused psychological strategies can also be provided with PTS.
- The General counselling services provide a supportive and collaborative environment where clients can discuss their concerns with a qualified counsellor and learn to develop strategies. General counselling services will work with clients to develop insights, generate solutions and consider choices in a non-judgmental environment. The general counselling service is designed for short-term treatment for a specific issue such as people experiencing symptoms of mild anxiety and depression, grief and loss, self-esteem behaviors and thoughts, and general life stressors.
- A diagnosis of a mental disorder
- The clients illness is significantly impacting their social, personal and work life
- The client has been to hospital at least once for treatment of their mental disorder, or they are at risk of needing hospitalization in the future if appropriate treatment and care is not provided
- Ages 18 – 64 years.
- People who are less able to pay fees
- People living in rural and remote communities
- People experiencing, or at risk of, homelessness
- Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Communities (CALD)
- People with an intellectual disability
- Ages 14 and above
- Ages 12 and above
- People experiencing symptoms of mild anxiety and depression, grief and loss, self-esteem behaviors and thoughts, and general life stressors.
People that are already engaged in treatment by another mental health provider may not be eligible for SCHS MH Services.
Referrals are generally from GPs with a Mental Health Care Plan (MHCP) via Argus. In some circumstances, clients can self-refer and obtain a MHCP within a few weeks of commencing treatment if required. A MHCP is not required for our General Counselling Service.
Participants will be contacted and booked in for an intake assessment with our Intake Clinician. The intake appointment will ascertain the participants suitability for the service, and the most appropriate clinician for the client.
Once deemed appropriate for PMHCCC, PTS or General Counselling, an appointment will be made with a clinician to develop recovery goals.
The Mental Health and AOD teams are not able to provide service to people in crisis. If someone presents in crisis they will be directed to the local area Mental Health Service at Mildura Base Public Hospital.
Sunraysia Community Health Services Mental Health and Drug & Alcohol service clients working and living in Mildura, Ouyen, Robinvale and surrounding areas. Appointments can be delivered Face to face, via telephone or telehealth.
PMHCCC and PTS are free and confidential services
General Counselling Fees are set according to your circumstances and are generally small. When you call to make a time for an intake screening appointment we will discuss the fee structure and provide you a form to complete.
Please click here for Client Fee Schedule 2021/2022