We understand that mental health issues can significantly impair personal well-being, work, and family relationships. However with the right support this can be improved.
How can we help you?
At Sunraysia Community Health Service (SCHS), we work to address mental health as well including dual diagnosis through a number of different but interlinked programs.
Types of issues addressed and services provided include:
- Mental health issues, including but not limited to anxiety and depression
- Trauma, torture and abuse including
- Counselling for refugees and new arrivals
- Managing emotions including anger
- Self-esteem and interpersonal communication issues
- Daybreak (adult non-residential rehabilitation)
- Addiction and relapse prevention counselling – see Drug Treatment Services
- Home and hospital based detox and opioid replacement therapy (ORT)
- HeadtoHelp mental health support
How can you access our services?
To make an appointment drop in to our front reception or call 5022 5444 to arrange a suitable time to have an initial intake screening assessment.
Our mental health and AOD Counselling service appointments are available Monday to Friday 8:30 to 4:30 pm.
For AOD services call ACSO on 1300 022 760 (Monday to Friday 9:00 to 5:00 pm to arrange an intake assessment or seek a referral from your GP.
General Counselling services provide a supportive and collaborative environment where you can discuss your concerns. Engaging in our service can help you clarify your situation, gain new perspectives and work towards change. We can support you to develop insights, generate solutions and consider choices in a non-judgmental environment and support you in linking with other mental health or self-help services.
Fees are set according to your circumstances and are generally small. For some programs there is no fee. When you call to make a time for an intake screening appointment we will discuss the fee structure and provide you a form to complete.
Please click here for our Client Fee Schedule 2021/2022